Welcome to Camp Nazareth

Welcome to Camp Nazareth
Welcome to Camp Nazareth! This online journal is the official journal of Camp Nazareth Conference and Retreat Center. Over the years, many memories have been made here. Through this journal we hope to share with you the many wonderful moments from the many years at camp!

Friday, September 25, 2015

Summer Memories

I remember one night before any user groups were on campus and the staff spent an evening together outside playing "Arm Ball." This game is basically like baseball. You hit a ball and run base to base. It was a relatively cool night, the sun was setting and everyone was having fun. One of the best parts about playing arm ball was how the ground was so wet from the rain, that we were sliding all over the place. Like, some places were so slippery that I was literally standing still, and my feet slipped right out from under me. Before I knew it, I was on my dupa trying to convince my fellow CN staff members I was merely "taking a break" and that "I didn't just slip and fall." Haha! 

Anyway, shortly after the game of arm ball began, CN Staff noticed the mosquitos started playing a game of "bite the humans and make them itch." While I might have scored a few points during arm ball, I was defeated in my game of "don't get eaten by mosquitos." 

It was one of those nights I won't forget. Everyone was just having fun. The CN Staff were just having fun, playing a game with the Loposky family. It was wonderful, relaxed and helped the staff bond and get to know each other. So simple and so effective. While some of the staff were more competitive than others, the game was full of laughter and jokes. We picked on ourselves and each other. Threatening to take each other out for the silliest of reasons; threatening to congratulate each other if a good play is made. "Don't make me give you a high five for scoring another point!" 

Sometimes it's the little things that stand out the most. Just a group of staff members being silly and having fun. No big plans or fancy events. Just playing outside in the wet grass, hitting a ball and running around some bases (that consisted of peoples shoes). 

I'm thankful for the privilege to work at Camp this past summer. Easily one of the best experiences of my life. And for that, I thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment