Welcome to Camp Nazareth

Welcome to Camp Nazareth
Welcome to Camp Nazareth! This online journal is the official journal of Camp Nazareth Conference and Retreat Center. Over the years, many memories have been made here. Through this journal we hope to share with you the many wonderful moments from the many years at camp!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Adventures with Sarah


Please welcome our guest writer, Sarah! We thank her for her post!

---

I have been at camp for almost 2 months now and I can truly say that I trust this staff more than I trust most people I see every day. Right before the camping weeks started (about 6 weeks ago) we as a full summer staffs were trained in a new activity that’s at camp this summer.  In my life until that moment in time I had never done anything like that and I was excited to give it a try. We started out with basic team building and then we were able to go into the course. Again we started out basic and then went into activities that really made us think and work together. Finally we came to a log about 6 feet off the ground and I had met my match.  The only way up was to have friends help me over. I had to fully trust the people around me and know that they had my back...and my feet.  People were going over no problem and I made the mistake of saving myself for one of the last to go over.  I had to have 2 people to help/lift you over and then 2 people up top to help you to stable yourself. I got to the top and realized that there was no way I was going to try and get down. I was sitting up there and felt the tears forming in my eyes and didn’t know what to do. Everyone saw the fear in my eyes and next thing I knew the whole staff was there for me. All of a sudden they were telling me where to move and what to do and how to help me.  Daniel Kindell was the first to help me, he looked me right in the eye and walked me through each step that I needed to do. As I went off the other side the whole staff was waiting for me, as soon as my feet touched the dirt they were all there hugging me and telling me how well I had done. It was at this moment that I realized that everyone there had my back and wanted nothing more than to see me get down safe. I decided that I wasn’t going to go up there again but the closeness of the group has only grown. 

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment