Welcome to Camp Nazareth

Welcome to Camp Nazareth
Welcome to Camp Nazareth! This online journal is the official journal of Camp Nazareth Conference and Retreat Center. Over the years, many memories have been made here. Through this journal we hope to share with you the many wonderful moments from the many years at camp!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Changing Lives Day by Day

Changing Lives Day by Day

            Camp Nazareth is a wonderful place in among the mountains. It’s a place where you can find God anywhere. I have had the privilege of attending Camp Nazareth for many years now and I wouldn’t change it if I could. This place has given me so much it is hard to put it into words. This place is my home and I am proud to say that I work here.
            Since day one of camping here, I have deepened my faith. I’ve learned so much about our faith and how we should be living our everyday lives. After each week I spend here I take what I have learned and take it home with me to share with the world. I would spend hours upon hours telling my parents stories about what I did and what I learned while at camp. Every day felt like I was deepening my faith more and more.

            Once you hit eighteen you cannot camp anymore. That day was one of the saddest days I ever experienced at camp. Knowing I was never going to be able to be a camper here again broke my heart. Camp wasn’t getting rid of me that easy yet. I am now a full summer staff member here at Camp Nazareth and what an experience it has been. I couldn’t say what I liked better, being a camper or being a part of staff because neither one is better than the other. I am so happy to be able to give back to the camp, what the camp gave to me.

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment